February 25, 2022
By Sharan Kaur Phillora
The Museum of the Future hosted the guest of honor Changpeng Zhao, Founder, and CEO of Binance, the world’s biggest bitcoin and altcoin crypto exchange by volume, on the first installment of the Future Talks series at Dubai’s iconic Museum, which will see prominent futurists, industry experts, and scientists offer unique insights into humanity’s greatest challenges and their solutions.
Here’s what we know:
- Zhao commonly known as “CZ” presented his insights during an hour-long session about cryptocurrencies and the future of digital finance. In his presentation, Zhao hailed the Museum of the Future; Dubai’s latest architectural landmark, as a fitting stage to discuss the role of cryptocurrencies, which he described as “the money of the future.”
- During his talk, Zhao said, “The main risk with cryptocurrency is the risk of not adopting it; you risk losing the future. If you don’t take that risk, you don’t have the future, as you don’t have the future of money.
- “Bitcoin is neutral, and it doesn’t have borders. It doesn’t side with anyone. And it can be used in any country. So, in theory, it should hold its value – in this way it is far superior to gold.”
- Zhao’s session is part of a series of nine talks that the Museum of the Future will hold from February 24th to March 29th. Talks are open to the public free of charge, subject to prior registration via the museum’s website.
- There has been growing interest in the cryptocurrency market in the UAE as consumers and investors flock to digital assets. In December, the Dubai World Trade Center Authority and Binance signed a preliminary agreement to develop an industrial hub for global digital assets in the emirate.
- The initiative will assist to expedite Dubai’s plans to determine a brand new worldwide digital asset ecosystem, which can, in flip, generate long-term financial progress utilizing innovation, the authority stated on the time.
- The founder and CEO of Binance concluded his remarks by saying, “We should encourage people to adopt this technology, but we should adopt it in a safe way. There should be information sharing but there has to be a balance with privacy.”
- Binance will organize its blockchain convention in Dubai from March 28 to 30.
About the author
Sharan Kaur Phillora’s thirst for knowledge has led her to study many different subjects, including NFTs and Blockchain technology – two emerging technologies that will change how we interact with each other in the future. When she isn’t exploring a new idea or concept, she enjoys reading literary masterpieces.