Collin Furtado | TechinAsia
22, April, 2021
First Digital Trust, the digital asset custody arm of Hong Kong-based financial services company Legacy Trust, said it has raised over US$2.1 million.
- Lead investors: Nogle, others
- Stage: Bridge round
More company updates
- The new funding was in the form of convertible notes.
- First Digital Trust will use the money to launch a debit and credit card rail that will enable its clients to accept card payments seamlessly, the company said in a statement.
- The payment rail will be available via a widget which will enable companies to manage customer touchpoints across international borders.
- In March 2020, First Digital Trust raised US$3 million from Nogle, an investor in chat app Telegram. The investment was used in the development of Asia’s first Rapid Settlement Network, an institutional-orientated trading platform to enable instant transfers across the region.
- First Digital Trust currently has partnerships with crypto crime prevention platform Elliptic, asset security provider Ledger, and blockchain-based online investment platform BnkToTheFuture.
Copyright © 2021 TechinAsia