March 26, 2022
By Sharan Kaur Phillora
Singapore-based consumer internet company Glance acquires an Indian gaming company Gambit, in an attempt to expand its mobile game services and plans to introduce NFTs to its Gen-Z consumers.
Here’s what we know:
- The procurement brings together Glance’s scale and lock screen-driven innovation with Gambit’s ability and understanding of the gaming ecosystem.
- “Gaming is the most exciting content category across the world today and Gen-Z spends more time on gaming than on any other activity online,” said Piyush Shah, co-founder of InMobi Group and president and COO, Glance.
- “Giving users live, connected, interactive gaming experiences on the lock screen is key to Glance’s vision of building the world’s largest live internet platform. We also aim to launch creator-led NFTs for live gaming which will generate unique ‘play-to-earn’ and ‘play-to-own’ possibilities for the entire gaming ecosystem,” he added.
- Glance aims to launch games that appeal to a wide range of gamers and by introducing NFTs in live gaming, it hopes to enable producers, streamers, and developers to profit from the new technology.
- Yashashvi Takallapalli, co-founder and chief executive of Gambit said, “We have already started seeing great traction for live gaming on Glance. For instance, over 10 million users watch live game streams on Glance every week now. With Glance and Gambit’s combined strengths and our belief that there is a game for every person, we envision doubling the number of monthly active gamers on Glance Games in the next year.”
- Glance has recently acquired companies such as Roposo and Shop101 and is supporting them in scaling their business while also expanding its platform.
About the author
Sharan Kaur Phillora’s thirst for knowledge has led her to study many different subjects, including NFTs and Blockchain technology – two emerging technologies that will change how we interact with each other in the future. When she isn’t exploring a new idea or concept, she enjoys reading literary masterpieces.