February 15, 2022
By Sharan Kaur Phillora
Hong Kong seems to be a hub for the blockchain-enabled digital asset when it comes to both money and art. OXO Living, a contemporary Bali-based property developer, and management services provider, has made history by becoming the first to create and launch its own property NFT (non-fungible token) artwork collection.
Here’s everything you need to know:
- The OXO Group is a property development company carving a reputation as a game-changer, blending contemporary architecture with a smart and effortless way of living.
- The OXO Property NFT Collection, known as the OXO Artwall features 24 hand-designed and programmatically generated works of art with over 250,000 possible traits, including location, personality, orientation, signature, volume, interior, and decor. All properties are unique, but some are rarer than others.
- Each artwork reflects the abstract visual expression of every OXO property cool townhouses and one-of-a-kind contemporary chic villas built in Bali in 2015.
- “The algorithm used to digitally generate each artwork is based on the location, personality, signature, orientation, volume, interior and decor of each property, creating a hierarchy of rarity, complexity, visual significance and value,’ says Johannes Weissenbaeck, a former advertising entrepreneur turned property developer who conceived, founded and runs OXO Living.
- “As a number of our investors and residents are crypto entrepreneurs, we thought that being the first developer to link our properties to NFTs was a perfect fit for our brand.”
- Only one NFT per property gets minted, creating a truly unique and rare art collection. Buyers of OXO Properties have the first right of refusal to purchase the NFT for their respective property.
- All collections have been launched today on 15th February 2022 and are available for purchase on the largest secondary market OpenSea. Upon purchase, each owner receives the actual NFT and a high-resolution source file, which can be used to create a physical copy of the digital original.
- Furthermore, OXO Artwall NFT holders have access privileges to the OXO Collective, our exclusive private member’s club launching in 2022. Not only the Metaverse, more than games – this is real-life parties, events and connections where anything and everything is possible.
- The initial offering of each artwork is priced at 1 Ethereum, which is equivalent to USD3,241 as of 15th February 2022.
About the author
Sharan Kaur Phillora’s thirst for knowledge has led her to study many different subjects, including NFTs and Blockchain technology – two emerging technologies that will change how we interact with each other in the future. When she isn’t exploring a new idea or concept, she enjoys reading literary masterpieces.