March 8, 2022
By Anjali Kochhar
Indian cryptocurrency exchange BuyUCoin said that the platform has seen 130% year-on-year growth in the number of female investors.
Here is what you need to know:
- Women investors have shown interest in Ethereum, Bitcoin, Shiba Inu, XRP, ADA, and MATIC, as per the research conducted by BuyUcoin on its platform.
- The top professions of female Investors on BuyUcoin are entrepreneurs, doctors, teachers, lawyers, chartered accountants, engineers, financial advisors and housemakers, the research showed.
- The maximum amount of participation came from Karnataka, Maharashtra, Delhi/NCR, Uttar Pradesh, and Haryana.
- Most women investors were in the age group of 25-34 years, the research stated.
- Shivam Thakral, CEO of BuyUcoin, said, “Female professionals are looking at crypto for achieving their long-term goals like children’s education, passive income, and higher education for professional growth. If regulatory hurdles are taken care of, India has the potential to lead the world in crypto and blockchain.”
- Not only in India but globally also women are shifting focus from traditional assets like gold and silver to digital assets including cryptocurrencies.
- “Traditionally, women have always invested in safe assets like gold and silver but rising inflationary pressure is driving female investors towards assets that provide a strong shield against inflation,” Jay Hao, CEO of OKX.com, a global cryptocurrency exchange told Blockchain Asset Review.
About the author
Anjali Kochhar covers cryptocurrency stories in India as well as globally. Having been in the field of media and journalism for over three years now, she has developed a sharp news sense and works hard to present information that goes beyond the obvious. She is an avid reader and loves writing on a wide range of subjects.