February 18, 2022
By Sharan Kaur Phillara
The increasing use of dating apps in India is no surprise. Mingout, an early-stage startup, has recently entered the scene and hosted the first Metaverse date.
Here’s everything we know:
- Mingout’s metaverse date is the first of its kind across the world. In 2021, MingOut has conducted over 1000 dates via their app in India. Of course, overtaking Tinder, Bumble, Aisle, and the other giants out there is a far cry for now. But, with the world’s first Metaverse date by MingOut, things are most certainly looking good for the startup.
- Metaverse is a virtual space wherein individuals can connect, collaborate and do pretty much anything. It is a virtual 3D world where anything and everything is possible. Ever heard of the term simulation? The metaverse is exactly that and allows you to be a part of a virtual world. Facebook is now focusing on this with its Meta namesake.
- Navdeep Kamboj, Co-Founder and Chief Wingperson of MingOut, said that “We thought about the most romantic date possible and in an instant the answer was clear.” Further, he added by saying, “The moon represents the two tenets of MingOut -romance and revolution. What’s more romantic than moonlight and what’s more revolutionary than humanity’s first step on the moon!”
- MingOut hosted a Valentine’s fest in its app with a host of celebrities including musicians Osho Jain, Avanti Nagral, comics like Munawar, Rahul Dua, and Divija Bhasin, and top mixologist Ami Shroff. The final date was hosted by Harshveer launching his new song with Sagar Verma.
- Out to ‘disrupt dating’, Mingout has built a niche in the world of romance by ‘bringing the date back in dating’.
About the author
Sharan Kaur Phillora’s thirst for knowledge has led her to study many different subjects, including NFTs and Blockchain technology – two emerging technologies that will change how we interact with each other in the future. When she isn’t exploring a new idea or concept, she enjoys reading literary masterpieces